Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Reflection on Place and Culture

I have a very big family as I've said before but one thing that I'm most thankful for is that they will always be there for you, no matter who you are. This is what makes me proud it that we are very united like our grandma thought us to be. We can always count on each other for anything and everything. For example, if we need to borrow a car to go on a trip we will let each other borrow it or if we have a party we don't just all go to the party but we go a couple hours before and help with the food or help decorate the hall. One thing that makes me proud to be Hispanic is our traditions. Some traditions that are always find and exciting are day of the kings or dia de los reyes. On this day we receive presents like on christmas but we do it differently we have atole or also known as hot chocolate and we have some amazing bread. Another thing I love about being Hispanic is the amazing food and admirable it is to see people making clothes,blankets,shoes or other good stuff on the streets.



One thing I would change about my family is how loud we are. Whenever we are talking to someone they always talk really loud for example they always scream when they're on their phone. Another thing I would change is that we make random parties for random things instead we should only have parties on important dates not just on any day. Also, I would change the way people think of us at the stereotypes us Mexicans have. We could try to change the stereotypes  and show them who we really are and how hardworking our people are. Another thing I would like to change is how far we live from other family member, we live 10 hours away from the rest of out family. We could all live here in Fortuna and rent more houses or apartments for them. The last thing I would change about my family is how we can't have get together because we all live in apartments so the neighbors, complain to the main owners. I would change this by trying to buy a house for all of us or each of us give in money so we can raise to buy a house.

5 comments:

  1. I love your family Abigail even my family speaks loud! One day our neighbours came to us and told us to speak a little less loudly because they were trying to have some rest, then my siblings and I got punished :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Narjis! That same thing happens to us too, it's nice to know we have something in common.

      Delete
  2. I love your family Abigail even my family speaks loud! One day our neighbours came to us and told us to speak a little less loudly because they were trying to have some rest, then my siblings and I got punished :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Abigail, I like your family relations. My family is just as yours, we are unified. And I also don't like stereotyps in general, they're always false or exagerate. In my family, my father is the only one who talks loudly at phone !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Adam, Thank you! Yes my family is united too, like you said stereotypes are always false and are just made to make other people mad. My mom and dad both talk really loud on the phone too.

      Delete